(Source 1) Used as a repository of possible case studies on bilingual educationBlanton, Carlos Kevin. The strange career of bilingual education in Texas, 1836-1981. College Station: Texas A & M University Press, 2004. Print.(Source 2) A measured polemic against diversity discourse in America; should serve as an adequate ideological basis for a counterargument to bilingual educationFord, Richard T.. Racial culture: a critique. Princeton, N.J.: Princeton University Press, 2005. Print.
Soure 1 : Bil Browning. This Is What Discrimination Looks Like.Bilerico.com.Web. 25 April. 2012Soure 2： Ian S. Thompson. Anti-Gay Pandering Cannot Stop Historic Momentum for LGBT Rights. aclu.org.Web.5 May.2012.
1. "EDITORIAL; A Bitter Guest Worker Story." The New York Times 04 Feb. 2010. Online. So this one provides me with a human interest story about a group of guest workers and what happened to them due to the immigration policies.2. Jacoby T. "'Guest Workers' Won't Work". The Washington Post. 26 March 2006. Online. This one provides me the scoop on the whole situation and what the issue with guest worker programs really is.
1.Alejandro Portes. Border Battles The U.S. Immigration. July 31, 2006. Online. May 11, 2012.2.Jacob Hill. Free Trade and Immigration: Cause and Effect. COHA. July 18, 2007. Online. May 11, 2012.
1) The Impact of Immigration on U.S. Population Growth, Subcommittee on Immigration, Border Security, and Claims August 2, 2001, By Steven Camarota It shows how immigration can affect how much resources is in one area at one time like education or living.2) Immigrants: U.S. Economic Savior or Social and Economic Burden? May 2, 2005 – Voice of America, by Serena Parker Sometimes immigrants can be a culture that take things by force like living or food ability in that area.
1. Acuna,Rodolfo. Corridors of Migration. Tucson, Arizona: The Arizona Board of Regents, 2007. Print.-Discusses the historical relationship between Mexico and the U.S in regard to attitudes towards Mexican immigrants.2. Vigil, James. From Indians to Chicanos. Prospect Heights, Illinois: Waveland Press, 1984. Print.-Identifies the procees of the hispanization of the Indians of Mexico.
Source one: Hing, Bill Ong. Defining America through Immigration Policy. P115-55. Philadelphia: Temple University Press, 2004. Print.- To explain the Mexican’s immigration history in the U.S.Source two: Hill, Jacob. “Free trade and immigration: cause and effect.” n.p. 18 July. 2007. Web. 8 May, 2012- To explain the relationship between free trade and immigration.
1. Malina, Mary. "The Role of Local Police: Striking a Balance Between Immigration Enforcement and Civil Liberties", April, 2009. Web. May 14, 2012.This is a report I found that was done from a year long study done by the Police Foundation. It contains a lot of helpful information I can use for my essay.2. "Local Enforcement of Immigration Laws Through the 287(g) Program". immigrationpolicy.org, April 2, 2010. Web. May 14, 2012.The second source is a web page on the Immigration Policy Center website of the American Immigration Council. The page cited has links to a lot of relevant studies I can use for information and case studies.
Michael Tjuatjadarma.Source one: Mr. C. David Skinner, ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION ACROSS THE U.S. - MEXICO BORDER, www.strategicstudiesinstitute.army.mil, 15 MAR 2006.This is a report about the issue of legal and illegal immigrants of US and Mexico borders. Source two: Bill Ong Hing, Defining America Through Immigration Policy, Print, 29 Dec 2003.Source three: Anthony Browne, Why we should grant illegal immigrants an amnesty, independent.co.uk, Friday 26 September 2008.It is talking the reason why we should grant amnesty for illegal immigrants.
1) USCIS To Issue Redesigned Green Card USCIS Website, April 28, 2011, Web. May, 14, 2012.- This resource contains the processes of getting a green card.2) "Embassy of the Dominican Republic, in the United States". Domrep.org. 05 April, 2012, Web. May, 14, 2012.- This resource contains the policies of changing visa statuses to permanent residence.
Source one: Hing, Bill Ong. Defining America through Immigration Policy. P82-92. Philadelphia: Temple University Press, 2004. Print.- Explain the history of LGBTQ immigrants in the USSource two: Immigrationequality, web.-information about same sex marriages today
Source #1: Hing, Bill Ong , Definiing Ameroca Through Immigration Policy ;Philadelphia; Temple University Press, 2004 Print P 135-54immigrants come to the U.S to look for jobs and live a better life but dont always have the luck to staySource #2: colorlines.com/archives/2011/11/thousandofkidslostinfoster How kids get ripped away from their parents when theyre undocumented
Source 1) Guttentag, Lucas. The New Republic. 14 5 2012. Online. 15 5 2012.Information about civil rights violations by SB1070.Source 2) Ramos, Kristian. NDN. 19 7 2010. Online. 13 05 2012.Contained information regarding the provision of a subsection of SB1070.
1. U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. ICE.gov. Web. 16 May 2012.This source shows what immigrant criminals have been convicted of. It is important to see what types of criminal activity is tied to immigration. I found the crimes committed and person committing these crimes to be interesting. The information was good to get a picture of the situation but I felt like the stories were mostly one-sided.2. Fixing the Immigration System for America’s 21st Century Economy. The White House President Barack Obama. Web. 16 May 2012.This source come with a 30 minute speech by President Barack Obama. It sounded well written and hit points the flaws that immigration system has and how immigrants are the made the victims when they are taken advantage of by employers that pay them less than minimum wage and ignore fair working conditions.
1. Bill Ong Hing, Defining America Through Immigration Policy, Print, 29 Dec 2003.2. Martin, John L. "Can We Control the Border? A Look at Recent Efforts in San Diego, El Paso and Nogales | Center for Immigration Studies." Center for Immigration Studies. Center for Immigration Studies, May 1995. Web. 13 May 2012.3. Englekirk, Allan, and Marguerite Marín. "Countries and Their Cultures." Mexican Americans. Countries and Their Cultures. Web. 13 May 2012.
On further thought and research, I've actually decided to change my topic from the relationship between illegal immigration and border violence to the economic impact of illegal immigration. As such, my sources reflect this.1. Davidson, Adam. "Q&A: Illegal Immigrants and the U.S. Economy." NPR: National Public Radio. NPR, 6 Mar. 2006. Web. 16 May 2012.I used this source because it answers some of the most common questions regarding the economic effects of illegal immigrants.2. Hansen, Ronald J. "Report: Illegal Immigrants Cost State $1.4B in Wages." Azcentral.com. Arizona Republic News, 8 Jan. 2008. Web. 16 May 2012.I used this source because it presents different findings on the economics of illegal immigration compared to other reports. It was written by a prominent Harvard labor economist and "one of the nation's leading authorities on the effects of illegal immigration on the American economy."-Kevin Xie
Lal, Prerna. "My Name is Mei Lau and I am Undocumented." change.org. N.p., 23 Oct 2009. Web. 15 May 2012. . M., Maria. "My Name is Maria and I am an American."change.org. N.p., 03 Jun 2009. Web. 15 May 2012. . Both sources are personal stories about limitations imposed upon these students, and the ways they are trying to overcome these issues.
Shinta SoerosoACLU. "Analysis of Immigration Detention Policies." American Civil Liberties Union. ACLU, 18 Aug. 1999. Web. 21 May 2012.This source told me about the harming effects of the detention policiesHuman Rights Watch. "US: House Should Reject Indefinite Detention of Immigrants." Human Rights Watch. Human Rights Watch, 30 Sept. 2011. Web. 21 May 2012. This source told me about how indefinite detention of immigrants violated human rights
(1) Bill Ong Hing, Defining America Through Immigration Policy, Print, 29 Dec 2003.(2) web source : balancedpolitics.orgThis webpage has several debates, which state both the pros and cons on various topics of debate
1. "The root causes of immigration"The article describes the increasing issue with dealing with mexican illegal immigrants. Description of how the U.S. is dealing with the issue. Boyle, Kevin. "Guest Speaker: The Root Causes of Immigration." Inc.com. N.p., 1 Mar. 2007. Web. 24 Oct. 2012. .2.Disadvantages of NaftaThe article explains the negative effects of the trade agreement. Correlates to the increase in mexican immigration. Amadeo, Kimberly. "Disadvantages of NAFTA." About.com US Economy. N.p., 2 Feb. 2012. Web. 24 Oct. 2012. .